Saturday, November 10, 2007

OK, so heres the deal.
i had come back to highschool for an extra semester...although i had already graduated and had a diloma, i guess is went back cuz i didnt wanna rush into college/university.
So, upon commin back to school i realised (as well as other that had come back) that it was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. and besides the fact that my school got a new principle that only cared about football, and their was nothing to do..it was/is SO BORING.
On the bus one day i was thing to myself that since im wasing my time here i might as well do something that isnt a waste of time, and as if out of a movie...i stared at the katimavik poster on the bus. I had always thought i knew waht katimavik was, but i didnt know much. So i check out their website. And it seemed to good to be true. This is because its FREE...everything is paied for by Katimavik.

I came home, went online and filled out a simple online application on their website (www.katimavik.org). Upon doing this i was able ot download -right off the website- the candiates pre-selection forms. There are about 14 forms, 8 medical forms that have to be filled out by myself and my doctor. The forms also require a physical examnation, this put me back $60.00. 2 sheets are the candiated form, i did this...its just a few simple questions...so that u understand the program, i had to read up some thins online to finish these forms. And onr form for your criminal record check which set me back around $45.00 (i think). The other sheats are just stuff for u to read and a checklist before sending out ur things.

So being the eager teemager i am, i had completed everything within 2 weeks. Yet my criminal record check would take 7-8 weeks to get to me! I called the parcipitants office (the number is on the website) and asked them what to do, they had tod me to send them everything i had, so i did (everything minus the criminal recorc check).
Within about a week they had called me telling me that they had recieved my info. And again a week after to comfirm some information, it was wierd cuz they had left a message on the machene, so i called the man back -he asked some questions, and how long the record check would take- and he said that they would call me again. 5 minutes later a different man called me telling me that i had been accepted into the program. I was so excited i blasted music and went reazy in my room-like the thrash moshers- i even blew my speakers...lol. So the man on the phone game me a ladys phone number that i couls reach for any info..this lady was incharge of my group (i have yet to call her).

------the above had all ahppened between late sept. and early oct. -----------







.........present day.
so far ive been waiting it out for my criminal record check, which should be here in 3-4 weeks. Last night i recieved a thick envlope in the mail from katimavik. In it was a departure guide(and little green book) and an accident insurance book (a bule book). It also came with 3 more forms to fill out: a comfirmation of parcipation form (of course i accepted), a personal property insurance form (this would cost $60, but i dont plan to bring anything too expensive...cept my digital camera..and my georgious good looks), and "your katimavik experience in the news" form...basic info, but also asking if u want to be interviewed b4 u leave...id rather not thinkign about college and writing my exams early is stressfull enough.
The accident insurance will cost $20 or $25..i donno how muck..the form says 20 but the book says 25...guess ill have to call.
But the most important information that came was my destinations! Finally i know where im going! So it is as follows. On Jan 3 i leave for Williams Lake, BC(YAY!), March 26 i leave for Wawa, ON (BOOOO!..i live in ont..this sucks!), and June 11 i leave for Alma, QC (YAY...francis).
So i have filled out the forms..and all i need is for my mom to write a check.


Im SUPER STOKED and cant ait to leave this town!.

No comments: